Tuesday, June 3, 2008

WINNER, MORE CONTESTS

Hey - wow, you guys were great. I cracked up and so enjoyed the comments.

And before I announce the winner, a couple of small details. REALLY--quick and painless.

1) Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly) Family Jewels got a starred Booklist review yesterday. So if you were thinking, "Hey, maybe I'll enjoy that one!" or "Wow, that would make a great doorstop!" -- well, there ya go.

2) There's a newsletter, and there's going to be another CONTEST on there in a few days. So click on the header and it'll take you to the front page where you can sign up. And NO WORRIES -- I managed to get out a grand total of one newsletter last year -- you're not going to be inundated.

3) I love talking to y'all. And I've been getting wonderful emails, asking questions about writing, humor, comedy, the publishing business, the screenwriting business (I have sooo got to get a FAQ up there). And because I love visiting with people and talking about the books and all of this other stuff, I've started a yahoogroups discussion list. COME JOIN -- tonimcgeecausey-subscribe@yahoogroups.com -- and there are gonna be giveaways over there, too. It's brand spanking new, so don't mind the bare walls. We'll get it painted soon.

4) The winner, picked at random because my brain is broken now, and I can't possibly think of how to do it any other way, is angie-la! YAY ANGIE. So write to me care of the website (see the front page of the site), and I'll get that t-shirt ordered for you (tell me the size you'd like) and I'll have that B&N card sent by them to you.

See? That was quick *and* painless.

MORE BOBBIE FAYE'S BAD ADVICE COMING THURSDAY -- and another contest. Come check it out.

(And if you want to write Bobbie Faye, no matter how crazy the letter is, she'll see if she can give it a whirl. Seriously, you already know in advance she's crazy--how much worse can she make it? Send it to me via the front page email, and I'll let you know when she's going to answer it.)

Thanks everyone!

7 Comments:

Blogger azteclady said...

Congrats, angie-la!

Thank you, Toni, this was so much fun!

June 3, 2008 at 6:16 AM  
Blogger Aymee said...

Congrats on the review and congrats to the winner too!

June 3, 2008 at 6:29 AM  
Blogger Angie-la said...

Whoo to the hooo! (yeah, I totally stole that one from another commenter. My bad! ;) ) Thanks Toni!

June 3, 2008 at 6:52 AM  
Blogger Toni said...

Thanks, y'all - so glad you had fun. And there'll be more... come check back Thursday.

June 3, 2008 at 8:21 AM  
Blogger Brandy said...

Fabulous review, and I am sure very much deserved!
Congratulations angie-la!

June 3, 2008 at 5:00 PM  
Blogger Lori T said...

Congrats angie-la!

June 3, 2008 at 5:42 PM  
Blogger ~THE OPTIMISTIC PESSIMIST ~ said...

Congrats, angie-la!

June 3, 2008 at 6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home