Sunday, May 11, 2008

Contest up over on Murderati...

Come by the blog -- titled Dear God... (the stick turned blue)... and leave a comment to be eligible for two signed books, the first one (Bobbie Faye's Very (very, very, very) Bad Day) and (Bobbie Faye's (kinda, sorta, not exactly) Family Jewels -- which will hit the stores on May 27th, but I have a couple of advanced copies for this contest this week and next.

Come in and say 'hi' or wish someone a happy mother's day (your mom, someone else's, doesn't matter), or tell something you did to drive your mother batty.

And spread the word if you know someone who'd like two free books, one not even available for another two weeks. (You can see the good reviews on this site under the books section.)

-thanks,
-t

3 Comments:

Blogger becky hutchison said...

Toni, that was an awesome blog! Thanks for sharing it. I face my last son leaving the nest for college next year. I'm already starting to grieve a little. It's strange how I go through the process. Whenever I know a change is coming, I grieve about one or two years before it happens. Then by the time the event occurs, I'm pretty much okay with it.

Thank heavens (and the elves) you have plenty of things to keep you busy now!

May 12, 2008 at 2:07 PM  
Blogger Toni McGee Causey said...

Thanks, Becky! I know what you mean - I do that sort of pre-grieving ahead of time, too. (I hadn't really thought of it like that, but you nailed the description -- and by the time the event gets there, I've made my peace with it.)

That response to that blog just blew my mind. I wanted to respond to each and every one of the comments! I so very much appreciated every single one of them.

May 12, 2008 at 9:10 PM  
Blogger becky hutchison said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that handles upcoming changes that way.

And Toni, your blog was just incredible...that's why you had that kind of response. I think it touched so many people, especially those of us who have kids that have moved out to live their own lives (like my 26 yo daughter). I imagine your blog has been forwarded all over the place. I sent the link to my sisters and niece, and they probably sent it along to others. You are very gifted to touch people so deeply through your words!

May 12, 2008 at 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home